Pickett, Ray & Silver, Inc., was founded in 1969 by Ray Pickett, Dean Ray and Glenn Silver. In 1998, Hal Bartch took over as President and CEO after Ray Pickett retired. Julie Bartch became the sole owner and CEO of the company after the death of her husband, Hal. Together with Doug Tiemann, the Chief Operating Officer, they manage the current day-to-day operations of the company.
To Provide Professional Services and Creative Solutions that Meet Our Client’s Needs
What We Do
Pickett, Ray & Silver, Inc. has two distinct divisions working together to provide the best possible product to serve your needs.
- Our Civil Engineering Division provides planning for commercial, industrial, residential, government and institutional building projects. We also design systems for highways and roads, stormwater collection, water distribution and collection. The professionals in this division also participate in the site planning and development of construction projects.
- Our Land Survey Division provides boundary and topographic surveys and control measures using advanced software technology, like drone technology and CAD systems.
Where We Work
Pickett, Ray & Silver, Inc. established its roots in the counties of St. Charles and St. Louis, branching out to most of the surrounding counties in Missouri. We are currently licensed in Missouri, Illinois and Kansas and have projects taking place in the major metropolitan areas of St. Charles, Independence, and eastern portions of Illinois.
As our clients explore opportunities across the United States, we will continue to provide our specialized services to the ever-expanding horizons.
Since Julie Bartch has taken the firm’s reins, Pickett, Ray & Silver has been certified as a Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB). Julie is also an active member in the Women Presidents’ Organization, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) network and in her local Chamber of Commerce.
Who We Are
Steve Jobs once said, “Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” Here at Pickett Ray and Silver, we wholeheartedly agree.
Julie A. Bartch
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Senior Project Management
Karl Schoenike, P.E.
William Scheidt, P.E.
Stan Mundwiller, P.L.S.
Assistant Director of Survey
Roger Allan, P.L.S.
Sr. Administrator Assistant
Pickett, Ray & Silver is committed to the community in which we serve. We feel fortunate to call the St. Louis area our home. This is where we live, work and play. Many of our clients are our neighbors and friends.
We are proud and honored to support the following local causes by sharing our time, talent and treasure toward their success.
- 2016 St. Jude’s Home at The Villages at Montrachet in O’Fallon, MO – donated our professional services
- Salvation Army of Greater St. Louis – monetary contribution
- Pedal the Cause for Cancer Research - support for employee participation in honor of the late Hal Bartch
- Gateway Area MS 150 Bike Ride - support for employee spouse participation
- Boone Center (BCI) – providing employment for adults with disabilities. Also serve on the governance board, finance committee, and past president.
- Boys & Girls Club of St. Charles – monetary contribution
- All Saints Parish – monetary contribution
- Sts. Joachim & Ann Parish – board member
- Isaac Bruce Foundation – monetary contribution
- Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce - member
- United Services for the Children – monetary contribution
- Heart Walk Sponsor - for an employee whose son needed heart surgery